TThis course is designed for all employees who respond to a hazardous materials emergency. OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 indicates that all employees who respond to a hazardous materials emergency must receive training based on their level of activities at the incident. Awareness-level training is for responders who are likely to witness or discover a hazardous materials release and will initiate a response sequence by notifying the proper authorities of the release.
Category: Hazardous Waste Training
Duration: 4 Hour(s)
Awareness level responders recognize the presence of hazardous materials, isolate the scene and call for appropriate assistance. They do not participate in actual cleanup activities.
HAZMAT First Responder Training Objectives
- Understand the role of Level-I responder
- Identify the hazards involved in an emergency
- Determine the site control and site security
- Learn about the harmful effects of hazardous substances on humans.
- Explore different hazardous substances and the incidents related to it
- Acquire information about the nature of the hazardous chemicals
- Level 1 Initial Response
- Hazardous Materials Detection during an Emergency
- Effects of Hazardous Materials
- Site Control and Security Initiation
- Incidents Involving Hazardous Substances