This course meets the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for 8 (eight) hours of annual refresher training for workers at hazardous waste sites. This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards.
Category: Hazardous Waste Training
Duration: 8 Hour(s)
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is designed as an annual refresher for those certified either in 40 hr or 24 hr HAZWOPER. This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards.
Note: To be eligible to take the 8 hour hazwoper annual refresher training course, you must have taken the 24 or 40 hour HAZWOPER course prior.
HAZWOPER Refresher Training Objectives
- Be able to read and understand OSHA regulations and requirements
- Use Site Characterization to identify hazards found in the workplace and steps to be taken to minimize hazards
- Better understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures
- Develop a Medical Surveillance Program and understand its purpose
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE for a situation
- Understand the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and decontamination methods
- Have a better understanding of potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers, and reactive chemicals
- Understand the various considerations in an emergency and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others
Training Topics Covered
- Lesson 1: Regulation Overview
- Lesson 2: Hazard Recognition
- Lesson 3: Site Charaterization, Analysis, and Control
- Lesson 4: Toxicology
- Lesson 5: Medical Surveillance
- Lesson 6: Safe Work Practices and PPE
- Lesson 7: Decontamination
- Lesson 8: Chemical Awareness
- Lesson 9: Emergency Procedures