This course is specifically designed for workers who are involved in clean-up operations, voluntary clean-up operations, emergency response operations, and storage, disposal, or treatment of hazardous substances or uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
Category: Hazardous Waste Training
Duration: 40 Hour(s)
IACET approved CEU: 4.0
Safety CM Points: 5.0
Please note that hands-on training is not required for the 40 hour Hazwoper course; although hands-on is the preferred training method by OSHA. To be in compliance with OSHA regulations, the employee must complete 3 days of hands-on training offered by the employer.
40 HOUR HAZWOPER Training Objectives
- Clean-up Operations involving hazardous substances - that are conducted at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976.
- Voluntary clean-up operations at sites recognized by federal, state, local, or other governmental body as uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
- Operations involving hazardous wastes that are conducted at treatment, storage, and disposal facilities.
- Emergency response operations for releases of, or substantial threats of releases of, hazardous substances regardless of the location of the hazard.
HAZWOPER 40 Hour Training Topics
- Lesson 1: Regulation Overview
- Lesson 2: Site Characterization
- Lesson 3: Toxicology
- Lesson 4: Hazard Recognition
- Lesson 5: Chemical Awareness
- Lesson 6: Radiological Hazards
- Lesson 7: Respiratory Protection
- Lesson 8: Personal Protective Equipment
- Lesson 9: Site Control
- Lesson 10: Decontamination
- Lesson 11: Medical Surveillance
- Lesson 12: Air Monitoring
- Lesson 13: Confined Space Entry
- Lesson 14: Emergency Response
- Lesson 15: Material Sampling
- Lesson 16: Safe Work Practices
- Lesson 17: Personal Sampling
- Lesson 18: Excavation
- Lesson 19: Fire Protection
- Lesson 20: Introduction to Bloodborne Pathogens
- Lesson 21: Bloodborne Pathogens: Control and Compliance
- Lesson 22: Bloodborne Pathogens: Understanding Hepatitis B
- Lesson 23: Bloodborne Pathogens: Communication and Training
- Lesson 24: Bloodborne Pathogens: Revision and Additions to OSHA Standards