This course introduces the students to the hazards of asbestos in the workplace and provides information about the measures that must be taken in order to minimize the effects of exposure to asbestos.
Category: General Industry
Duration: 1 Hour
Those who work in construction, repair, demolition and renovations are at a greater risk of contracting asbestos-related diseases such as asbestosis, lung cancer, and mesothelioma. There is no safe level for exposure to asbestos.
OSHA Training Regulations
- Understand general requirements of handling/working with hazardous materials
- Explore how to store hazardous materials
- Learn about use and disposal of hazardous materials
- Find out what steps are necessary to take at the time of an accident
- Study training, first aid, and other essential factors associated with hazardous materials
OSHA Training Topics
- Hazardous and Toxic Substances
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Important Definitions